Blog Archive

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Garage Mods and Car Delivery!

As is the case with most BLOGS, to read everything in chronological order, start at the bottom of the page with the BLOG entry named "The Beginning." The newest entry is always at the top of the page. Click on photos for full size versions!





The first thing I did to my garage was get rid of a bunch of stuff that was taking up space that I didn't really need. I then built an 8 foot wooden work bench and installed a bunch of electrical outlets. You can see one set of outlets above the bench. There are additional ones below the bench.



In anticipation of the 100+ degree summer days here in Texas, I installed a ceiling fan in the garage over the area that I expect to be doing most of my car building.



I should have done this a long time ago! I installed these overhead fluorescent lights. They make seeing things much easier. I've done tons of previous motorcycle work in the garage and always needed more lighting. I know, I know, you can see the the body of my FFR Roadster in the photo. I didn't take photos of the lights until after the car was delivered.. More information and photos of the car delivery will be posted soon!

Did you notice my nice little digital clock that I installed on my BLOG page near the top? Something so simple shouldn't have taken me 2 hours to get working right. Me and HTML sure don't get along very well together. Oh well, this BLOG stuff is much easier than trying to deal with a full blown web page.



Oh yeah, my little Sears Craftsman compressor gave up the ghost a few days ago. It was only a little over 2 years old and Sears said they couldn't order the parts I needed to fix it. For almost $350 it should have lasted much longer than 2 years! I went to Harbor Freight and purchased this new U.S. General 60 gallon compressor. I hope it will last a bit longer. It almost triples the air output, compared to my old compressor.

Here are the stats on the new compressor.

US General Model #US660V
3.5 Horsepower
130 PSI MAX
14.55 CFM @ 40 PSI
12.85 CFM @ 90 PSI

Still not big enough for serious paint work, but it should serve my purposes for now.

My clock says it's 1:30 AM.. Time to get to bed. Car delivery photos will be posted soon!